Professional Indemnity Insurance
A Professional Indemnity policy will cover you against a Claim made against you for breaches of your professional duty in performing your professional business.
The following are examples of common Claims:
- Fraud and Dishonesty of staff towards a third party
- Libel, Slander or Defamation against a third party
- Loss of client documentation
- Wrongful or inadequate advice to client(s)
- Acting without proper instructions from the client
- Failure to act in accordance with client’s instructions or at all.
- Failure to advise client
- Breaches of Trade Practices Act / Fair Trading Legislation - misleading or deceptive conduct
- Breaches of Statute - Corporations Law, Uniform Consumer Credit Code
In addition to responding to claims for breach of professional duty, Professional indemnity policies can also include:
- Consumer Protection Legislation cover
- Intellectual property cover
- Vicarious Liability for Acts, Errors and Omissions of contractors and consultants.
- Liquidated Damages
- Inquiry Costs
- Joint Venture Liability
- Loss Mitigation
- Public Relations Expenses
Obtaining a Quotation
To obtain a quotation, insurers will require a completed proposal form as well as details regarding your previous business activities and credentials.
For more information please contact ARMS Risk Management.
All policies are subject to the insurer's policy terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording and agreed with the insurer. The information provided in our Product pages are a general description of the cover only. For more information about any of the insurances on our website please contact ARMS Risk Management.